Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to real woodworking. I was a multi family framer for about 5 years. If it was smaller than a two by four it scared me. I have joined the local Senior Center where we have all the woodworking tools, except a lathe, that I need. The gentleman who runs the shop is 88 years young. I go one night a week.

I have started working with Mesquite wood. I have a friend who has a ranch in West Texas and I took 15 of his largest, 12-16", trees down and to the sawmill.

I have just done two table for now. One I gave to my son for a Christmas present. I had about 70 hours of loving work into it. The other table sits next to my recliner.

I took a wood finishing class at Woodcraft and learned more in 8 hours than ever before.

I live in Denton and am looking forward to making woodworking a hobby and some day vocation. It will be a while.

Don't have a shop or garage. I work out of my home. But I may get one in the fall.

Jeff

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jeff. Glad to have you with us. You can learn a lot here. These guys have much experience and are not afraid to help. Just ask. There are no dumb question on this forum. Only helpful woodworkers. :D

Dave
the "Doctor"

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Welcome JeffBob! Jump right in and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Welcome! You know we are all beginners at something..... the fact is I have heard of Mesquite as in charcoal but don't have any idea what the tree or wood looks like, yet you have already made things out of it..... you might be our Mesquite expert!

Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts