Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!

I belong to a community maker space, and when I came in this morning, the lift was jammed on our router table and would not move. The cam lock is not engaged.... any recommendations for a fix? I already removed the plate and checked the gears on the box that the lift wheel connects to, and they seem fine. I am guessing it has to do with the gear assembly directly under the table that moves the screw?

Thank you for your time!

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,535 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Caveat: I'm no expert, having just bought a Rout-R-Lift for the first time. But, could it be that the backlash adjustment (what is called "thread tension" in the Jessem user manuals) has become too tight? I'd look in your manual for directions on releasing the backlash collar, to see if it's jammed.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your lift is different from my Mastr-R-Lift so I can't really advise other then calling Jess EM. They have a great support team. My lift adjust from the insert top and has both the adjuster and lift lock. Check to make sure there isn't a lot of sawdust in the gearing and no locks are engaged. I would also look to see if anyone forced the lift too high jamming it.

·
Official Greeter
18,847 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
"Caveat: I'm no expert, having just bought a Rout-R-Lift for the first time. But, could it be that the backlash adjustment (what is called "thread tension" in the Jessem user manuals) has become too tight? I'd look in your manual for directions on releasing the backlash collar, to see if it's jammed."
I would also check that the nut on the adjustment screw has not been over tightened and jammed in the top or bottom position. If it has just happened maybe some one used too much force when adjusting it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts