Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a jessem rout-r-slide on ebay. It looks great and i am about to mount a hitachi M12. However i do not have any instructions for it. I have rung jessem but the help desk did not even seem to know they made them (not best service back up) and as i from England there does not seem to be any here contact here in the UK. Therefore any help or advice would be appreciated
Owen

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went to the Jessem Web Site and looked at their products and their manuals and I saw no mention of a Rout-R-Slide.
Leo

·
Registered
22 Posts
I did a quick check and saw a site with a Rout-R-Slide. However, there was no
reference or photo of such a thing on the site. There was a Mite-R-Slide. ??
If you have the M12 for a router table, you will serve yourself well if you visit
www.woodshopdemos.com and see what is under Hitachi M12V in the main index.

·
Registered
1 Posts
JessEm Rout-R-Slide

I bought a Rout-R-Slide a few years back. I can not get Jessem to even acknowledge that they ever made the thing. It is a black hole. Does anybody know anything about this company or tool that would cause them to totally clam up when an inquiry about the tool is made. This seems very strange to me. They are either totally ashamed of this thing, or there is some danger involved with the unit.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
==========

I bought a Rout-R-Slide a few years back. I can not get Jessem to even acknowledge that they ever made the thing. It is a black hole. Does anybody know anything about this company or tool that would cause them to totally clam up when an inquiry about the tool is made. This seems very strange to me. They are either totally ashamed of this thing, or there is some danger involved with the unit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have just purchased a jessem rout-r-slide on ebay. It looks great and i am about to mount a hitachi M12. However i do not have any instructions for it. I have rung jessem but the help desk did not even seem to know they made them (not best service back up) and as i from England there does not seem to be any here contact here in the UK. Therefore any help or advice would be appreciated
Owen
I know this is a very old thread but I just joined this forum today and I recently acquired this table (Rout-R-Slide) and did receive a video and the manual/instructions with it. The manual/instructions are photocopies in a loose leaf binder but I would be more than happy to scan and share with anyone that would care for a copy. This is my first post so I will need 9 more before I can upload them so just let me know who would like them and I will post them as soon as I can.
Paul

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Paul and welcome. If any members are in need they can send you a private message with an email address. You can attach the scanned files then, something you can't do with our PM system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Cherryville Chuck..... I will keep that info in mind! Now I am another post closer to my first 10.
Paul

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Hello Paul.. and welcome to the forums..

is this the table you purchased???

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Owen made the original post in 2005 Stick. I don't remember him so he had probably quit the forum already when I joined but that might be the one Paul is referring to.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Owen made the original post in 2005 Stick. I don't remember him so he had probably quit the forum already when I joined but that might be the one Paul is referring to.
oooops...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Here ya go..

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes thank you gents...... that is exactly the table that I have Stick486. And aside from having to stand on my head that to read it that is the same manual that I have. It also came with a VHS video to watch and although I have not watched it yet I have heard that it is very cheaply done. Thank you guys for the research you have down to help me out.
Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also, I will add through some of my own research that the Rout-r-slide is a highly respected table and very versatile according to most reviewers. The downfall was lack of info on the unit itself and basically how to use it. And then it just seemed to disappear except for those lucky enough to have one. The scanned copy of the manual is all that was ever shipped with the product and was put into a doutang type of binder. I have not even hooked a router to it yet as I am in the middle of having some work done around our place and have not had a chance to play with my stuff much lately. I don't know how I ever found time to work before I retired but as I see, all retired people say that exact same thing. I do look forward to using it someday soon though.
Paul

1 - 20 of 23 Posts