Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Official Greeter
20,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Joe.

Glad we were able to assist you.

· Registered
2 Posts
For the belts, you can just use the common link belt which you can get at Harbor Freight. I found it really helped smooth out the machine. I think the standard V-belts tend to take a set over time, and this causes some vibration. Also, check the setscrews on the pulleys, my motor pulley was very loose.

The machine was made by a company called 'Elephant' in Taiwan. In fact, my knobs all have the elephant logo. Their website, for your reference, is elephant.com.tw

Some parts are available directly through Jet, though a lot of these parts are probably interchangeable with other brands.

· Registered
2 Posts
Thank you.

For the belts, you can just use the common link belt which you can get at Harbor Freight. I found it really helped smooth out the machine. I think the standard V-belts tend to take a set over time, and this causes some vibration. Also, check the setscrews on the pulleys, my motor pulley was very loose.

The machine was made by a company called 'Elephant' in Taiwan. In fact, my knobs all have the elephant logo. Their website, for your reference, is elephant.com.tw

Some parts are available directly through Jet, though a lot of these parts are probably interchangeable with other brands.
I too, just bought a used Jet JBS 14MW, and went from woodworking forum, to another site, then to here via suggestions posted in various threads. I have d/l the manual (many thanks!) and for what it's worth noticed, when I got home, that the cast aluminum trunnion were destroyed. I went to my "go to" replacement sites like ereplacements and directtool but item was obsolete. I found on Amazon for $30 and saw and order the phenolic blocks to replace the "after market, lol" wood guides presently installed, along with a set of zero clearance inserts. $120 for the saw, with new tires and two blades, $50 of Amazon parts and good to go. Thanks all.

Steve S.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey Group...Am new to site and will have a lot of questions about wood working equipment, as I purchased most of it in the early 90's; and am now starting to have problems, especially with my Star woodworking band saw that I would like to do some upgrading to...Money is tight, so I am hoping that upgrading will be less costly...I am recently retired and would like to do a few easy projects when not fishing..I'll thank you all in advance for your combined knowledge..

Oh, and thank you for the Jet Manual...now I need a source...Looks like Amazon might have then...Hope the Jet stuff fits the star...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.