Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an entertainment center that I want to turn some 6" tall legs for to get it up off the ground. I sold my lathe, but kept my router table. It seems to me I might have seen an episode of router workshop where they made a jig to turn round pieces, but I can't remember for sure.

I can probably design and build one myself, but why reinvent the wheel?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Danny

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,920 Posts
Wood magazine had an online article about it. You can kind of see how it works here.

http://store.yahoo.com/woodstore/routtabturfa.html

Basically you make two circles, equal diameter for straight legs, different diameter for tapered legs, and screw them to the ends of your stock. You then build a sled like the one shown, and pass the stock over the bit, and rotate it in the sled.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
3 Posts
router jig

Check youtube searching for "How to Turn a Cylinder with a Router" and watch the posting from Woodworkers Guild. You will need to adjust the measurements just a little but this should work for you.

I have an entertainment center that I want to turn some 6" tall legs for to get it up off the ground. I sold my lathe, but kept my router table. It seems to me I might have seen an episode of router workshop where they made a jig to turn round pieces, but I can't remember for sure.

I can probably design and build one myself, but why reinvent the wheel?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Danny

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Monte.

The OP was over 10 years ago, but additional answers will help the next person to come along...

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,359 Posts
Welcome to the forum Monte.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts