Router Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this is my first message I would like to introduce myself my name is Jim Roy I am a retired Industrial Mechanic and have just purchased a new combination router, and I'm looking forward to learn new skills. So much to do and so much free time. Questions questions questions don't know where to start but will work my way through you're forum happy to be here

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Hello Jim and welcome to the forums...

About your desire to learn... We have some light reading for you...
As in, we've put some helpful information together at this here link to help you get up and running in the world of routers... We hope it to be useful to you... Enjoy...
Do take some time and read the safety PDF's... PLEASE!!!
Blood and trips to the ER, we find, are very annoying... Not to mention – expensive...

Reactions: jj777746

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,358 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Jim! Add your first name to your profile to clear the N/a in the side panel. Add your location, as well.

We do like photos so show us your shop, tools, projects, etc. whenever you're ready. What sort of woodworking are you planning or doing with that new router?

David

·
Super Moderator
John
6,973 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum Jim

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Jim...you're gonna love it here. You will get lots of answers to your questions...and remember, there are many ways to skin a cat. You'll get opinions, preferences and facts...all for you to decide yourself what you will do. Everyone who responds does so with your interest in mind...

Good luck and safe working...

·
Registered
22,199 Posts
Glad you decided to join the fun. We love questions and you will find you'll get a variety of responses. There are lots of ways to do most everything. Do take some time to read through Stick's pdfs, lots of good information in there.

·
Registered
Mike
3,959 Posts
Welcome to the Router Forums Jim.

·
Official Greeter
20,101 Posts
G'day Jim, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome Jim; Industrial mechanic leads me to think of a 5 star McGyver of sorts. I'm sure the precision and knowledge of your vocation will come in pretty handy here.

I'm a car and car stereo guy and have started using some of that knowledge and tools to begin understanding and making stuff in the wood world. It really is fascinating, and it makes me think of my grandfather who was a skilled woodworker, and how this craft started thousands of years ago......have at it and post up some pics and projects, and tell us where you're from. This is one of my favourite forums ever....knowledgeable and friendly, eh?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.