Router Forums banner

Jointech Templates and Manual

24K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  RussAdams 
#1 ·
OK, here are the four Jointech template files plus the manual. These are for the Jointech IPM-1

The templates are about 260k in file size but the manual is 13.75 meg in size, so don't try to download all of them at once. The template files will need to be printed full size on a photo printer using heavy weight legal size paper and then carefully cut into strips that will fit into the fence extrusion of the IPM jig. Each strip is labeled on the end to show the size and style of joint being made.

Moderators - Please feel free to move these files to a more suitable place.

Charley

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
welcome...

Welcome to the forum, Brian...

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Charley, I have just purchased a JoinTECh IPM-1 on ebay. It works much like the Incra but with out the teeth!!! I have tried to down load the template files and print on an ink jet. I can not get the final copy to match the 10" length, they are +/- 3/32. How did you achieve the correct printing? I have a set of Incra templates, which fit the groves exactly. Has anyone used them on the Jointech? Any help would be appreciated.

#7 ·
Hello everyone,

I know I am late to this conversation. I not only new to the Router Forum but new to woodworking in general (previously worked more with metal)

Charlie, (or any one who had successfully printed the templates) Thank you so much for the post. the information you have provided has furthered my use of my IPM1 greatly. However, I am having a problem printing the templates. You say to print them on photo paper in 8.5 X 14 size. I use CAD and downloaded the templates to it so I can measure distances and when I size the files to a 8.8 X 14 paper the measurements are about 1/16 or so different than if I print them - the difference is obviously the margins. Can you tell me if you are using an ink jet and what are your margins. or if you are using a photo printer without margins. I think that will help me and when I get the size right I can draw an accurate model of the templates and will post them here for others to use.

#8 ·
The files that I posted are in jpg photo format. I use an HP photo quality inkjet printer and photo paper to print them and have no problems with the strips. Just make certain that the printer software is set to print at 100%. The photo quality paper produces the best quality strips since it is a bit thicker and less likely to shrink.

Charley

#9 ·
Hello : I am a new member here. I too have the complete Jointech
system. I used it to make some jewelry boxes that had hardwood
done in double double dovetails that were the marvel of my friends.
I no longer have the instruction manual, thanks so much for posting
it up . Is it possible a printing shop could print those strips out in
original plastic ?? My system has been in storage for the last 15
years while I have been living in Thailand. But am now headed back
and want to start wood working again...

#10 ·
I have both an IPM and an Incra LS25 (templates work on both) and have been noodling with creating my own templates for custom joints. My plan is to laminate the strips so they are stiff enough to slide into the LS25 and IPM. I think you could print them on any paper if you laminate them. I would try to make it so the paper doesn't go to the edge so the plastic sticks together and forms a seal.

I have to admit, the LS25 is way nicer than the Join Tech product. Particularly with the locking mechanism.

#12 · (Edited)
Incra bought out JoinTech (or maybe just their patents). The LS is quite similar to the IPM. The Incra templates will actually work in the IPM. The main differences I see are a much easier locking mechanism and the way you mount it to a table is a lot more flexible. Also, JT used sliding dovetails on the fence attachments while incra uses "T-Slots" (which take #10 nuts) so you can add your own stops, feather boards, etc. The right angle fixture is pretty nice and the "shop stop" has 1/16" positioning (for repeatability). Overall, the Incra is alot more polished. That said, I'm pretty sure anything I could make with the Incra LS I could also with the IPM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.