Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its been a busy sumer/fall in the shop,,, so I took a little time, put the ole brain in neutral and just
had a little fun...nothing fancy..

Attachments

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,358 Posts
I like those - good mix of color, size, and shape. Well done, Bill!

When we set up our Etsy shop I didn't really know if we'd sell anything but I was hopeful. Early on we got an order for a random pattern cutting board from a woman in CA. It always seems odd to me to refer to 'random' as a pattern... oh, well.

I put it all together and shipped it. When she left her review she gave us 4 stars and said it would have been 5 stars but she "didn't like the pattern." Hello! It's a RANDOM pattern board - what's not to like?! It looked almost identical to the photo I used for the listing and the listing description clearly states that every board will be different and the photo is representative of what you'll receive. I digress, sorry! :grin:

David

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
David,

No matter how hard you try you can't please them all. Effort is hardly even recognized any more. Just do the best you can and move on -- saves what little bit of hair we have left and cuts down on the Rolaids bill.

·
Registered
Mike
3,959 Posts
Nice looking boards. That is a good way to get rid of scrap materials.

Reactions: TwoSkies57

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Very nice. At first, I thought I was going to have to have my eyes checked again and so soon. My complements on the nice cutting boards!
David, you can't please everybody. Send the customer a pocket dictionary with the word "random" marked. Or you could tell the customer to turn it 90 degrees. I heard of an artist who sent a painting to a gallery. When he visited the gallery, they had hung his paint upside down!

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bit too much for me. My eyes wont let me focus on them. Dont like to think of the work hours involved.
can't make everyone happy. They are quite busy thats for sure. You are right about the hours involved. Even for just a couple.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like those - good mix of color, size, and shape. Well done, Bill!

When we set up our Etsy shop I didn't really know if we'd sell anything but I was hopeful. Early on we got an order for a random pattern cutting board from a woman in CA. It always seems odd to me to refer to 'random' as a pattern... oh, well.

I put it all together and shipped it. When she left her review she gave us 4 stars and said it would have been 5 stars but she "didn't like the pattern." Hello! It's a RANDOM pattern board - what's not to like?! It looked almost identical to the photo I used for the listing and the listing description clearly states that every board will be different and the photo is representative of what you'll receive. I digress, sorry! :grin:

David
That is what keeps me away from putting out any real kind of effort to "sell" anything. There are some people, alot of people in fact that just don't get it.
I've been looking into consignment work... let someone else deal with em... I know that with a 1 on 1, my mouth would get me into ALOT of trouble :)

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice looking boards. That is a good way to get rid of scrap materials.

you're exactly right Mike... that's what there were made up of...
I now keep some of those large plastic tubs and toss everything into them.. then sort it out once every couple months

Reactions: MEBCWD

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Very nice. At first, I thought I was going to have to have my eyes checked again and so soon. My complements on the nice cutting boards!
David, you can't please everybody. Send the customer a pocket dictionary with the word "random" marked. Or you could tell the customer to turn it 90 degrees. I heard of an artist who sent a painting to a gallery. When he visited the gallery, they had hung his paint upside down!
Thank ya John... your eyes are fine. Just not everyone's cuppa tea.
The wife has a pretty good following on facebook. Whenever she posts cutting boards, the traditional pattern boards are more popular, but the chaotic boards do have a following....

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,065 Posts
It reminds me of the art gallery where a couple were staring at a painting of three naked coal miners on a form, the centre one had a white penis. The gallery director noticed the puzzled look on the couple's faces and proceeded to give a complex explanation of the meaning of the painting. When he left a rough looking man went up to the couple and told them to forget what they had been told, he was the artist and when he painted it the centre man had been home for lunch!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.