Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually I wait until a project is finished before I make a post but my latest animated creation is going to take some time. Since I have this part of it pretty much completed I thought I'd share it as a little tease about what will be upcoming (eventually :unsure:).

The scale is roughly 1:20 and the structure is about 2 3/4" x 3" x 5" tall and most of it is made from basswood.

Stay tuned. :happy:

Attachments

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
A 'No Holer' then'?

I love your art, Oliver. Your attention to detail is amazing.
Those calender art pieces must be tiny! (even if they are digital)

·
Super Moderator
John
6,838 Posts
I got it it's a outhouse

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A 'No Holer' then'?

Yeah, Dan, the carpenter said he'd be back to cut the hole but you know how unreliable those guys can be. Yes the calendar art is pretty small. To give you a sense of scale, the toilet paper roll is 1/4" wide.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sort of makes you ask Why?? . . .

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
"To give you a sense of scale, the toilet paper roll is 1/4" wide."
*Bogglement!*
Hope you didn't pay the carpenter up front... ;)

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Oh, boy! I can only guess what the end result will be! If Oliver is true to form, it'll be entertaining.

The things that come out of this man's mind are amazing. If Oliver were a criminal the cops wouldn't stand a chance.

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
The pictures should be on the back of the door. What a great miniature. This piece needs to be installed in a large size railroad diorama. You certainly have one detail right, the paper is going over the top of the roll! If you can find a cover shot of a Sears catalogue from the era, hang it from a string. That was what those catalogs were for in the old days--early recycling. Beautiful work. Looking forward to seeing the final result.

I've attached an old catalog cover and a miniature of a page of underwear, which were the mens magazine of the outhouse era. We had an outhouse in a desert property when I was a kid. It was on the edge of a military tank training base and someone tore it down to get an Army truck from the sand in the wash.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Betcha Rick makes an offer to buy it!!

HJ

Reactions: RainMan 2.0

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Usually I wait until a project is finished before I make a post but my latest animated creation is going to take some time. Since I have this part of it pretty much completed I thought I'd share it as a little tease about what will be upcoming (eventually :unsure:).

The scale is roughly 1:20 and the structure is about 2 3/4" x 3" x 5" tall and most of it is made from basswood.

Stay tuned. :happy:
Oliver you make me feel like a big dummy. You are just so good at woodworking.

PS- Did you put any lime under the seats? :wink:

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
A 'No Holer' then'?

private business establishment...

Oliver...
you never fail to amaze me...

Reactions: Gaffboat

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Reactions: Herb Stoops
1 - 20 of 31 Posts