Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I never claimed to be an electrician, but I got the job done. :grin:

My sweetie wanted an outlet for her curling iron in the bathroom so...

Luckily, there was outlet on the opposite side of the wall, and within the same cavity in between two studs! I don't know why it took so long, but I managed to get the job done. She is happy so I am happy! :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
17,408 Posts
And it's a GFI plug too(by law). That should tell her you want her around for a while.

Fortunately I have an open basement on the bathroom side so I have two seperate circuits . A 15amp 14gauge wire for the fan ,mirror and lights , and a 20amp 12 gauge wire circuit dedicated for hair blowers etc beside the vanity

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
And it's a GFI plug too(by law). That should tell her you want her around for a while.

Fortunately I have an open basement on the bathroom side so I have two seperate circuits . A 15amp 14gauge wire for the fan ,mirror and lights , and a 20amp 12 gauge wire circuit dedicated for hair blowers etc beside the vanity
Filling up that 200 amp service pretty quick, eh!:wink:

Reactions: Nickp

·
Registered
17,408 Posts
Filling up that 200 amp service pretty quick, eh!:wink:
Seriously it doesn't take long . If I wasn't poor I'd have a home theatre system that needed a 100 amp service all by itself .
That may sound like overkill but it's not . The amplifier I want is the Anthom P5 and it weighs 130 pounds and has two 15 amp plugs because it draws 3600 watts . I like headroom so I'd have two 20 amp plugs for the amp . Then my paradigm 2300 series subwoofer requires a 20 amp service (recommended in the manual ) and I'd like to run a front and rear sub , so there's two 20 amp branches for those two . Then I'd have a 20 amp circuit for the flatscreen and the receiver and other components .

·
Premium Member
19,028 Posts
When we moved into this house 14 years ago, every outlet in the place was worn out so plugs were loose. Replaced every one of them. What a chore, but nice to have new ones. I also installed exterior outlets through the front wall from the boxes on the other side. Very handy at Christmas.

·
Registered
17,408 Posts
When we moved into this house 14 years ago, every outlet in the place was worn out so plugs were loose. Replaced every one of them. What a chore, but nice to have new ones. I also installed exterior outlets through the front wall from the boxes on the other side. Very handy at Christmas.
That's the most annoying thing ever . I was watching YouTube and the guy recommended getting a better quality outlet . I'm like , I've only seen the one make and that's it . There all a buck or less.

I find working with 14 gauge is awesome ,12 gauge not so much .

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Reactions: David Dickson

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
use these...
USA made...
rock solid contacts...
strong bodies..
last a long time...
side clamps simplify installation...
you can do away w/ pigtails...
way easy to branch off of...

this is the 10 pack..
Shop Cooper Wiring Devices 10-Pack 125-Volt 15-Amp Ivory Duplex Electrical Outlet at Lowes.com

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
What about the ones from Switzerland?
found out why you won't insulate...
you are trying to attract one of these...

and good luck w/ these...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
That's the most annoying thing ever . I was watching YouTube and the guy recommended getting a better quality outlet . I'm like , I've only seen the one make and that's it . There all a buck or less.

I find working with 14 gauge is awesome ,12 gauge not so much .
Bryant BR15V...

·
Registered
17,408 Posts
You lot dont know youre born.
I have a 60 amp main breaker. thats it. Entire house and workshop.
Bob my house came with a 60 amp service . Had to upgrade to 100 minimum as per the home insurance companies . Now I have to replace all my water pipes as there galvanized. They raised my deductible to $5000 and the first $30,000 water damage is on me till they get replaced .
If I was mortgage free I'd say screw even having insurance

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I don't have much hair left , but if by chance I met a young freaky European gymnast that likes short fat bald broke guys , I may need it.
So chances are pretty good it will never be used lol
You're not broke, Rick. You won a cool mil in the lottery. Remember??

HJ

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Mike,

Did you just tie into the other outlet?

HJ

Happy wife - happy life -- Mike knows the drill

1 - 20 of 26 Posts