Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished this one Just what i need is another one It is made out of walnut And walnut inlay 1/2" thick I did not want to plane it down and make saw dust just to get it thinner the rest of the box is 7/8" thick I used cabnet grade lacqure And no stain I like the natural look to all my wood Thanks for looking del schisler

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
To show the natural beauty of wood is the best way to show it period... I think.
Very nicely done Del.

Reactions: Mark

·
Registered
30 Posts
ahh black walnut ! All natural is the way to show this beautiful wood ! is that correct about 7/8" ? sturdy , ay ? I also hate to waste wood by planing it down.....have to sharpen my resawing skills soon.....just bought the riser block and longer blades for my Jet 14" another toy hahahahaa

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hi Del, I'm just getting into making boxes. What finishes did you use on this project and how did you do that process?

Thanks Del,

Karateed (Ed)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jewelry box

what i use is a cabnet grade lacqure mfd. by M.L. CAMBELL magnalux and their thinner I use a HVLP sprayer i like lacqure because it dry's so fast You can get 3 coat's on easy and be done this is the finish i use Of course their are lot's of finish's out their some may be better But this is my choise And also i Flock the inside with the color i want also I use dove tales also Add's some better look to them del

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.