Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm Keith, been retired a while, enjoy making and working with tools, mostly on wood. I only have a few power tools, and my space is part of a 2-car garage. A few days ago I decided to paint the floor white, and while straightening up to do that I discovered a long-forgotten Monty Ward scroll saw 35TSW-2350A with no motor.

So my introductory question is: Which exact motor should I look for, and what size pulley? The saw has a 3" pulley on it.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Hello Keith , glad you found us, it's great to have you as a member of the community, welcome to Router Forums.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi Keith, welcome to the forum. I can't tell upu much about that specific scroll saw, but in general scroll saw motors are relatively small. Some of the early scroll saws were converted sewing machines.
Darryl

·
Official Greeter
19,737 Posts
Hi Kieth, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Hey Keith, welcome to the forum. I don't know what motor or size pulley you need, but I just googled your saw and found many sights on it. There was one being sold on E-bay. You might try to get a hold of someone on one of these sites and ask them the details of the motor and pulley. Looks like a nice old scroll saw. Saw one picture with the saw, a motor and switch box, all mounted on a piece of ply. Pretty cool.
Good luck!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I found the infomation below with a web search. What you have is a jig saw not a scroll saw (jig saw powered on down stroke spring return)

I purchased this machine for $20 at ReTool, in Jan04. I found a casting date (3-20-56) on the underside of the table. This agrees with the Powr-Kraft 1956 power tool catalog. I plan on cleaning it up and putting it to work. The original finish is gray wrinkle paint. The only missing part is the transfer tube that carries air from the plunger to the hollow hold-down tube.

Specs: throat: 12.5"; table: 9"x9"; table tilt: 45 right; machine pulley: 4.0" dia, 1/2" vee, 1/2" bore; recommended motor: 1/3hp, 1725 rpm; motor pulley: 2.0"

UPDATE September 2013: I no longer own this machine--sold it to a fellow OWWMer.

Photo 1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.