Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm just getting into woodwork and I got a router for Christmas. Actually I got two routers and no bits. So I traded one in and got some bits, some chisels and a little bit of wood. I plan on making a table for it soon but in the mean time I messed up the piece of wood I bought. I was a little discouraged but these things happen. The problem is convincing the wife to let me keep buying wood when I'm not able to produce anything. I needed a project that I could do where I could practice simple techniques and not cost a lot. Then it came to me. I could make little toy swords out of wooden paint stirrers. The best part is they are free. My 5 and 3 year old already were pretending they were swords. I just put a little point on it and attached a guard. I used a straight bit and a 45 degree chamfer bit. My first two are awesome but still need some work. Anyway it's a fun beginner project. Today I went back to The Home Depot and got enough for 3 more.

·
Official Greeter
19,744 Posts
Welcome to the router forum.

Thank you for joining us, Chuck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.