Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an owner/operator of a cabinet/ furniture shop I was searching for a bit of router info and Google landed me at this site. I must confess that a router is probably the least used power tool in my shop. As most profiles that we use, are in mouldings purchased. In my quest to flatten / true up a 3 inch rough sawn Sycamore slab for a table top, I found this site to be a big help in constructing a stationary jig that allowed my to make pass after pass across the slab to work out the twist in the work.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
@dublloyd - welcome to the forums. You'll like it here as we are a friendly bunch. With your background and experience I'm sure you'll be very helpful with your answers.

When you get a chance, please update your profile with a first name so we don't have to call you "dub".

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
Welcome aboard. Personally I consider routers the most fun tool in the shop. They are noisy, make lots of waste, quickly, and you can make things with them. What more can you ask for?

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi and welcome. Actor Nick Offerman was featured in a Fine Woodworking article where he had made a very large sled for flattening a slab. I'm pretty sure that at least a picture of him with the sled is searchable. I made one very similar to it years ago to flatten my workbench after I made it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@dublloyd - welcome to the forums. You'll like it here as we are a friendly bunch. With your background and experience I'm sure you'll be very helpful with your answers.

When you get a chance, please update your profile with a first name so we don't have to call you "dub".
That is my name. I have had to live with it for 61 yrs and all the jokes.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.