Router Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should have built a new night stand, but no, I just made a new top to sit on it! And it works. Really happy with the way the drink holder turned out! :grin:

I had a piece of 1/2 inch plywood, and with no plan for it, I decided to make good use of it. Once it was stained and sealed with Shellac, it fits right in with the existing night stand. That night stand was part of a bedroom suit I bought waaay back in the early 70's. I just couldn't see parting with it.

I drew out the design in VCarvePro and cut it out on the CNC. Several cord reliefs make it easy to manage the power needed for all of my devices. And just for kicks, I included a shallow pocket for a drink bottle/glass.

Since the room is basically dark, you can't hardly see the difference in the stain of the two pieces.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Only 1 cup holder??

Reactions: MT Stringer

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I had to start using one or DMV was going to take my license away from me. Mine has to have a data card and modem for remote downloads so I can prove I’m using it. I will admit that using it makes me sleep better and I feel more rested now.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
I had to start using one or DMV was going to take my license away from me. Mine has to have a data card and modem for remote downloads so I can prove I’m using it. I will admit that using it makes me sleep better and I feel more rested now.
Really???!!!! You don't live in California. Does the DMV have that power?
WOW................
Herb

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I should have built a new night stand, but no, I just made a new top to sit on it! And it works. Really happy with the way the drink holder turned out! :grin:

I had a piece of 1/2 inch plywood, and with no plan for it, I decided to make good use of it. Once it was stained and sealed with Shellac, it fits right in with the existing night stand. That night stand was part of a bedroom suit I bought waaay back in the early 70's. I just couldn't see parting with it.

I drew out the design in VCarvePro and cut it out on the CNC. Several cord reliefs make it easy to manage the power needed for all of my devices. And just for kicks, I included a shallow pocket for a drink bottle/glass.

Since the room is basically dark, you can't hardly see the difference in the stain of the two pieces.
Mike, anyone who has seen your work knows you could not be "just lazy"if you tried. Also the night stand top is a winner as it will save many spills. James jj777746

1 - 15 of 15 Posts