Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ready to start staining in the morning. Has to be done and delivered for a wedding in the Upper by Labor Day Weekend, and I'll be gone all next week to SC for my own daughter's wedding.

It's 34 x 13

HJ

Still cutting away

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Got it stained and a couple coats of lacquer. Might spray one more on - don't know yet.

Hope my customer likes it.

Bill Griggs came thru again and really helped making the map from a picture. He's good+!

HJ

Scares himself sometimes

·
Premium Member
17,428 Posts
Very nice work John . To think how far you've come since your cnc arrived ;)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx, Rick. You know the bumbling start I got trying to lift off. But I'm still in first grade playing around at recess when compared to what can really be done with one of these machines, a good program, and some talent (like Scottart). I hope 2 out of the 3 will get me a little further along.

You can get totally engrossed and obsessed with one of these and spend a heck of lot of time playing around.

HJ

Has learned what "start over" really means.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Looking good John. What brand of Lacquer did you use?

Bill

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not home to look, Bill, but it's from WalMart in a white can. It's like $3.44 a can. I gave that one and 3 smaller carvings 3 pretty heavy coats and used 1 can up. Smells pretty strong, but seems to do the job.

See what your bitmap tracing help did?

HJ

Sent finished pic to customer - he seemed pleased.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,350 Posts
Very nice John.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A little, Perfesser. Long Long way to go to even being considered a little successful.

HJ

At least now he's starting to have a little fun

Reactions: Scottart

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Once you know how to get one project from drawing to finished part and someone pays you for it you are a professional. If you are having fun in the process then all that is pure profit. I teach students with no experience who within one semester are teaching me new things. In fact classes start today in a couple of hours. I respect you for just trying. Keep having fun!

4D

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I can get one that looks worthy of your approval. Had to do a few orders first.

In SC this week for daughter's wedding.

HJ

Gonna work on fishing one real soon.

Reactions: Scottart
1 - 12 of 12 Posts