Router Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is some neck and body parts I designed and modeled and machined on a Probiotics Fireball CNC router.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,707 Posts
The big question is how does it play? They are beautiful and if they play well, I can see making custom designs for up and coming guitarists. I thought the neck on electric guitars usually had a steel rod to keep it from warping? Is that true?

And, by the way, welcome to the Forum and thanks for sharing the sequence of production. Very interesting. Guitars require a great finish and I'd love to know more about how you got that fantastic look.

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,201 Posts
All very nice, especially the quilted body in the first shot. What wood is that? I'm with Rick, add your first name to your profile to clear the N/a in the side panel and so we'll know what to call you.

David

·
Registered
Rick
17,578 Posts
All very nice, especially the quilted body in the first shot. What wood is that? I'm with Rick, add your first name to your profile to clear the N/a in the side panel and so we'll know what to call you.

David
I suspect it’s Rod, but it would still be nice if it was updated in profile .
Especially seeing as he’s one of the family now :)

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,201 Posts
Cool! Did you round the back of the neck with the CNC, or by hand?
Hi Jake - head over to the introduction area and tell us a little about yourself.

David

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.