Router Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some neck and body parts I designed and modeled and machined on a Probiotics Fireball CNC router.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Beautiful. You have a mastery of a machine that can be programmed to make otherwise improbable designs. The ability to tailor it to an individual user should offer a worthwhile retail niche. well... once people are able to play for an audience that is...

·
Official Greeter
8,154 Posts
Beautiful outcomes.

·
Registered
17,389 Posts
That looks very sharp, thanks for sharing

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Neat!!!!

·
Registered
17,389 Posts
I don’t know much about this but was interested as to how you get that finish . It doesn’t look like the actual wood grain , and I like how you did the fading .
Btw do you have a first name that your willingly share ?

Attachments

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
The big question is how does it play? They are beautiful and if they play well, I can see making custom designs for up and coming guitarists. I thought the neck on electric guitars usually had a steel rod to keep it from warping? Is that true?

And, by the way, welcome to the Forum and thanks for sharing the sequence of production. Very interesting. Guitars require a great finish and I'd love to know more about how you got that fantastic look.

·
Super Moderator
3,515 Posts
All very nice, especially the quilted body in the first shot. What wood is that? I'm with Rick, add your first name to your profile to clear the N/a in the side panel and so we'll know what to call you.

David

·
Registered
17,389 Posts
All very nice, especially the quilted body in the first shot. What wood is that? I'm with Rick, add your first name to your profile to clear the N/a in the side panel and so we'll know what to call you.

David
I suspect it’s Rod, but it would still be nice if it was updated in profile .
Especially seeing as he’s one of the family now :)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
........ .
Btw do you have a first name that your willingly share ?
"...Who's Gonna Steal The Show Baby It's The Guitar Man" ..... I think it's Man for short. :smile:

Hey Man...... Very nice finished product with some "How Did He Do That(s)"!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cool! Did you round the back of the neck with the CNC, or by hand?

·
Registered
692 Posts
"'Just' some Guitar stuff" he says. Snort - that is beautiful (all of it).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts