Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I thought it was either a whatsit or a thingumyjig, thanks for clarifying Herb ;)

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
boxjoint template...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
boxjoint template...
Give the man a ceee-gar! It's output from Furboos Incra LS Template maker. Notice that it has an extra kerf width (4/32") on one of the pins. That way when I cut off the top, all the pins will be the same size. The PNG image actually contains the data so you can open it in the app. Unfortunately, the forum SW converts PNG to JPG (and makes it take 10X more space).

I'm not sure when Furboo is ready to announce the newer version but it's really coming together. Pretty amazing piece of software. You can make all sorts of custom box and dovetail joint templates for the Incra LS Positioner. Including double and double-double joints. You can also have it make a template for clamping cauls to get your pins super tight. I'm hoping for warmer weather to be able to spend more than 30 minutes at a time in the shop. I suppose you guys will get on me about insulation...

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Give the man a ceee-gar! It's output from Furboos Incra LS Template maker. Notice that it has an extra kerf width (4/32") on one of the pins. That way when I cut off the top, all the pins will be the same size. The PNG image actually contains the data so you can open it in the app. Unfortunately, the forum SW converts PNG to JPG (and makes it take 10X more space).

I'm not sure when Furboo is ready to announce the newer version but it's really coming together. Pretty amazing piece of software. You can make all sorts of custom box and dovetail joint templates for the Incra LS Positioner. Including double and double-double joints. You can also have it make a template for clamping cauls to get your pins super tight. I'm hoping for warmer weather to be able to spend more than 30 minutes at a time in the shop. I suppose you guys will get on me about insulation...
Phil - Rick's got some he's not using any time soon - probably get a good deal.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Phil - Rick's got some he's not using any time soon - probably get a good deal.
He'll make you a very good deal...usually sells his stuff for a 50% discount...:surprise: and it's unused. What more could you ask for?:wink:

Reactions: woodknots

·
Registered
544 Posts
No go. I can output jpg easily, but the jpg writer under the graphics library I'm using does not support the embedded metadata.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yikes, true again :|

Shipping would kill em though
They sure do love giving you gas over it! I'm installing a garage heater to work during cold snaps. But then, my definition of that is below 40F. I'm sure you Canadians think that is positively balmy.

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
They sure do love giving you gas over it! I'm installing a garage heater to work during cold snaps. But then, my definition of that is below 40F. I'm sure you Canadians think that is positively balmy.
Any temperature when I can see my breath is to cold. In theory a guy needs it to be plus 6C for glue ups . Next year I guess

Btw it was -4F this morning :(

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
No go. I can output jpg easily, but the jpg writer under the graphics library I'm using does not support the embedded metadata.
Yeah, I figured that. Not sure why the forum SW designers felt the need to convert from a lossless format (PNG) to a lossy one (JPG). PNGs are crisp and tiny, JPGs are fat and fuzzy.

It's a small step to extract files from a zip directory (pyRouterJig doesn't see them).

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Rick

I promise I'll never ever mention your insulation again. I think you've taken enough heat over it already. >:)

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
Rick

I promise I'll never ever mention your insulation again. I think you've taken enough heat over it already. >:)
I'm sure this isn't close to the end . Tell you truth , I doubt it will be done next year either . Just wouldn't be the same around here if it was :lol:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts