Router Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Tom,
I am an employee from Sommerfeld's Tools For Wood. I was able to find the router bit item numbers in an old CMT catalog. The item number for the Dovetail bit is 818.087.11B and the Pattern Bit is 811.127.11B. We do not carry them but I was able to find them on Amazon if you need a source to purchase them. I was unsuccessful to locate the instructions though but if I do at a later date I will be sure to post on this thread.
Sincerely,

Pat

Sommerfeld's Tools for Wood

·
Premium Member
19,968 Posts
@Irishyes Thank you for that information. It's above and beyond, and very typical of all my interactions with Sommerfeld Tools. It's one of the reasons I like to recommend your products, beside the very high quality of everything I've purchased from you folks.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,941 Posts
Thanks Pat for taking the time to help !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Pat - Thank you so much for the information. I'm looking for information on the Katie JUNIOR jig. Can you confirm that the bits you mention are for the Jr. Jig and not the Standard/Original Jig?

·
Premium Member
19,968 Posts
@MrDuke Tom, I am amazed that no member here has what you're looking for. First time I seen them stumped. I think the next step is to try all the woodworking forums out there. Post your question everywhere you can. Definitely go on Facebook and search out all the woodworking groups and post there at least a couple of times. It's going to be a happy accident that you find an instruction book. I would also suggest you get the instructions for the sommerfeld jig and see if you can translate the parts to the Jr. jig. From what I've learned, all these jigs work pretty much the same way. And I'd definitely watch the Sommerfeld video for clues. Use the pause button to see how he marks the jig.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
DRT - Thanks for your continued interest and support. The bits that Pat, the Sommerfeld employee, mentions above might work. However, the CMT dovetail bit listed is supplied with a 5/8" bearing and definitely won't work because the template forks are only 1/2" wide. The simple solution, if these are truly the correct bits, would be to change the bearing to 1/2". Unfortunately, I would have to buy the bits and replacement bearing to test this theory. If it doesn't work, I would have to eat the cost of the bits and be no farther along than I am now.

I'm so curious, I might elect to go this route in the future. For now, I'll continue to hope that someone comes forward with actionable info. I'll also take your advice and post on other forums.

Again, thanks for keeping this alive.

Warm regards,
Tom

·
Premium Member
19,968 Posts
We gave it the ol' college try anyhow. Let us know if you find information somewhere. It would be nice to add any documentation to the collection here.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Hi Tom,
I am an employee from Sommerfeld's Tools For Wood. I was able to find the router bit item numbers in an old CMT catalog. The item number for the Dovetail bit is 818.087.11B and the Pattern Bit is 811.127.11B. We do not carry them but I was able to find them on Amazon if you need a source to purchase them. I was unsuccessful to locate the instructions though but if I do at a later date I will be sure to post on this thread.
Sincerely,

Pat

Sommerfeld's Tools for Wood

@Irishyes, Pat, thanks very much for your efforts.
For what it’s worth, the carbide length on the dovetail bit is 1/2 inch; thcurrent Sommerfeld dovetail jig bit has a carbide length of 3/4 inch.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts