Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Saw this forum as I've always wanted to use a router, after taking on a few projects I've gained some confidence and taken the plunge (pun intended) to buy a router.

I've armed myself with a Bosch pof 1200 AE and a 4 Walden cutters they had on special offer. Not bad for less than £80 all in.

Here's I link to the first three projects I undertook. I'm just a DIYer not a pro and my work does have flaws unfortunately.

*** Tried to post link to previous work but I need 10 posts first, will update later ***

Looking forward to routing!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Welcome to the forums ''H''...

if the the pictures that you want to post are stored ON THE COMPUTER you are posting from you can load them to your post w/o having to have 10 posts...

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Welcome! It want be long till you have several routers as well as a lot of other tools. That is just life don't fight it.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
H, if you need to read up on routering there a few PDF's and what not buried in this link that just may help you out...

View Stick486's Uploads

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Welcome 'H". You're off to a good start with that Bosch and with the info noted by Stick you'll be up and running in no time.

Looking to your posts.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Hi, H,
Welcome to the forum from another Brit.
There is a great bunch of guys and girls here willing to chip in with their own experience. I think that you will feel right at home here.
As Stick said, you can post photos from your own computer right now. You can't post links to other URL's until you have ten posts of your own. So grab your camera, take some pics of your work, load them onto your computer and upload them so we all can see. If you are having problems and need some advice, a picture of the problem is worth a thousand words.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've replied to this thread twice, but my responses are not showing up. Unsure if they're waiting to be moderated or there's an issue with tapatalk?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
They aren't being moderated H, at least not by the time I made this post. If you keep having problems let me know and I'll see if I can help figure it out.

Welcome. As regards your statement in your intro, I don't know if I've ever produced anything that I consider perfect. Pretty good at times but not perfect. I don't know if such a thing actually exists. One of my uncles said being a master woodworker doesn't mean you don't make mistakes, it means you can fix them without it showing. I've always liked what Harry Sinclair from Perth calls them. He says mistakes are a "design opportunity".

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It seems when I post from my phone via Tapatalk it says reply successful but doesn't actually show in the thread.

I'll do some investigation....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This was one of my first projects

Made from MDF, pine skirting and architrave and pine floorboards for the lid.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,317 Posts
Welcome to the forum H.

·
Official Greeter
18,742 Posts
G'day, welcome to the forum...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the welcome guys, it seems that when I attach a photo from my phone the post appears temporarily but then disappears.

Just text is fine, don't k ow if pictures are part of the ten post count rule.

Anyway for those of you in the UK that Aldi have some workshop buy's this weekend a d have a table saw for £90.

Can't say of its good or not but it seems a good price!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts