Router Forums banner

Kempster Template Guide Adapter- Useful?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Edgar1985 
#1 ·
So Amazon finally dropped the price of the Porter Cable 693LRPK kit and I jumped into action to buy it, Line 10's router bit depth gauge and Kempster's Template Guide Kit. Everything arrived safe and sound but when I opened the captionally noted template guide kit I noticed that the adapter, the big circular brass piece with five holes in it, was missing (top left in the photo). A little research later and I learned I had mistakenly ordered a kit that didn't include with an adapter. They sell two kits; one with the adapter and one without, though they use the same box for both. Sadly, Amazon doesn't sell the adapter by itself. I have zero routing experience and I'm left to wonder if the adapter is critical to the functionality of template guides. You'd think that if it was, they wouldn't sell a kit without it. How critical is the adapter in using the template guides? My intended use of the guides is to create two templates in order to cut handles into the sides of Langstroth bee boxes.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes, some routers need the adapter and some don't. If you buy a router designed to run large diameter bits, you will need the adapter if you want to use these bushings with it.

The adapters without the bushings are available from many sources. Just remember to buy one whenever you decide to buy the bigger router, and your kit already has a place to keep it when not being used. If it looks like the one in their photo, it will work, no matter who made it.

Charley

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.