·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Canadian outfit... eh....

Reactions: thomas1389

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
At least the spelling is correct. I love it when signs, by professionals, are in Olde English that you can't interpret in two seconds or yard sale signs written in ball point pen that you can't see. I just thought- no phone number! Duh!

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
At least the spelling is correct. I love it when signs, by professionals, are in Olde English that you can't interpret in two seconds or yard sale signs written in ball point pen that you can't see. I just thought- no phone number! Duh!
Looks like they changed the phone number,painted over it.
Herb

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Another small business destined to fail.

Reactions: old55

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,350 Posts
What they all said.

Reactions: jj777746

·
Registered
Paul
1,863 Posts
Reminds me of the roofer's house on my old street... don't know how the rain stayed out of his place! How's that saying go?
"The cobbler's children go barefoot."

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,194 Posts
Years ago when I was in the printing business two "painters" came in to order business cards. As I asked them about the information they wanted on the card we came to the phone number and they spent about ten minutes arguing over whose number should be on the card. I think they finally agreed that both numbers would be on the card and I thought all was resolved. It was ... until I asked for the normal $10 deposit. They couldn't come up with enough cash between them and said they would be back. Of course, I never saw them again and I hoped those two idiots never found a client.

Their earlier conversation was probably like this:

"I'd like to earn some easy money."
"Yeah, me too."
"Got any ideas?"
"Not really.My grandfather left some rusty tools and an old ladder in my shed but haven't figured out what to do with any of it."
"I know the problem. All I have is a bunch of old paint brushes and half used cans of paint."
"Hey! We could go into the painting business! You've got the paint and brushes and I have the ladder. We'll be partners."
"Cool! Let's go get some business cards and start making some money."

Reactions: TenGees

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Oliver - Did you have to design the card for them? I'm wondering if it wasn't a ruse to get that from you, with no intention of paying for the design service. But maybe I'm giving them too much credit.

And BTW, something in that picture of the van doesn't jive with me. The condition of the back panel doesn't match the condition of the cab - seems odd. Could it be photoshopped?

·
Registered
762 Posts
First impressions are critical. You want all the trappings of success, even if you aren't. It is all about the message you are trying to send.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Years ago I saw a really beat up, dented all over, multi-colored pickup truck with the name of a body shop emblazoned on the sides. I didn't figure they got much business from it.

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,785 Posts
I was so surprised to see this van in Virginia that I had to stop and take a picture. (One of my longtime co-workers is a Vikings fan). The owner was a painter that had grown up in Minnesota.

I only saw him painting a porch, so I can't vouch for his work, but he is a master with duct tape

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts