Router Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I'm new here! I just started to think about a kitchen renovation and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a stone counter material and where I should look. I'm in the NYC area, if that helps.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Welcome to the Forum...

Try Brooklyn, under the Gowanus from about 35 St South...LOTS of places...

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi NYC and welcome. When you get a minute how about changing your name from N/A to something a little more personal.

·
Registered
21,698 Posts
We went with a quartz top. Manufactured, very damage resistant and no pores to catch wine and other stains. Plan to go look at and select your slab in person. Even slabs of similar material can look quite different.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Welcome aboard NYC23. You should have tons of places to shop for your material but I'm guessing you're asking more about what to use versus where to get it? Usually when I approach a project like this I'll visit a few places that specialize in what the task is and get a feel for what's out there and their strengths and weaknesses are. A bit of research will go a long way so that the project turns out the way you want. You're doing an expensive project so do the homework, decide on what you want/like, and then proceed.

·
Registered
21,698 Posts
We choose the material after spending a few hours with a consultant at HD. Went to the shop where they cut it to select the piece they cut it from. It has held up very well and requires no maintenance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.