Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:unsure:Hi folks,I'm thinking of buying A bench-top router table as i only have A small workshop (shed really).The kreg bench- top model keeps popping up in any research i do and it does seem quite good but as it's my first foray in to table mounted routing I want to make the right choice.Also I intend mounting an 1100w ryobi 1/2" (cheap end of the market model) to the insert plate but hope to up-grade to a better model in the future,will this affect the mounting of another model?or will i have to buy another insert plate? I have also been toying with the idea of buying the full size kreg table! .Can anyone give me any advice or reviews on either of these tables?..Thanks. Philip (amature woodworker)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Take a look at the Deluxe Router table at Rutlands uk for £99.95
it like a very good tabe for the money was £190 on sale now.
best of look
Hugh

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I came very close to the Kreg then got a great deal on iron table here at a local store in house special...But I did build it on a table with casters so I could roll it out of the way ,,,as I too have a small shop...Good luck

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
The real issue, I think, Philip, is what is available to you in the UK. Buying one is the quick solution, but it might not be the best in the long run. A bench-top model might be most compatible with a small shop, but you might also consider building your own bench-top table around a plate system that suits your needs. (Note that shipping in a plate costs a lot less than shipping in an entire table.) Then, consider what sort of fence best suits your needs. The fence can be simple, or complex, commercial or shop-made. Either way, be sure that the bench-top table lends itself to being clamped to the bench in a convenient manner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts