Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello I have a kufo sk28sp. I need to hold the spindle to enable the removal of the cutter block-The locking mechanism is faulty and not working. my name is pete and i'm 85 years young, a carpenter all of my life. can anyone assist me with this problem as the machine currently lays idle without a solution to this problem. Thanks:smile:

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Pete welcome to the forum. I'm sure you called the dealer/manufacturer about the issue. So there's no replacement part available? I had a shaper long ago and for the life of me don't remember how the bits were changed. I thought it had the same style, but larger, like the routers and used two wrenches. But mine didn't tilt either.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome, you got me by a few I'm only 72. I see their add says it has a spindle lock on the 1" shaft. My old shaper has 2 shafts and both are two wrench type. Even my grinders with a lock, let you use two wrenches ... short sight on their part if don't. I'd grind two flats or a slot on the top of the shaft... another alt is use a piece of wood as a lever between the pulleys.

·
Official Greeter
19,753 Posts
G'day Peter, welcome to the forum.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Peter and welcome. Most shaft locks involve a pin getting pushed into a recess in the shaft. Maybe the end is worn off or broken.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Boy, I feel young in THIS thread! Think I'll stay here a while! *giggle* Hi Peter, welcome to the group.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.