Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone ive been having trouble with my new laguna iq cnc seems its been loosing its origin from one part to the next has anyone else had this problem ??

Vbuzz

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,196 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Standard questions - have you checked all wiring connections, is everything lubed like it should be, is anything loose, etc.? If you're losing steps it could be one of those or a combination and it could be the drivers, steppers, etc.

Does it do it all the time or only when it has been used a while? Does it do this in the same place each time or is it random? Which axis or are all affected?

David

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well its only done this one other time and it was when i was using a fairly fast cutting speed everything it tight and lubed maybe im trying to cutt too fast and its skipping a cog on the belts it effects x and y but there has been other problems with the spindle shutting the machine down when there was a minor load on it.

i really dont like the controller that came with this machine i was thinking of converting to a mach 3 type control
i dont like having to work in metric either

john

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.