Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to make some large radial baseboards to trim the intersection of a hardwood floor and a vertical tile step. The baseboards need to be 1/2" thick x 2" wide and have a curveature of about 4'. Because of the curve I can't use a straight fence to trim cut after the scroll saw cut out operation. How do I configure the fence to trim to a large curve? Mike

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I need to make some large radial baseboards to trim the intersection of a hardwood floor and a vertical tile step. The baseboards need to be 1/2" thick x 2" wide and have a curveature of about 4'. Because of the curve I can't use a straight fence to trim cut after the scroll saw cut out operation. How do I configure the fence to trim to a large curve? Mike
Hi Mike, if I understand this right, the workpiece is 1/2" high, about 2" deep and X wide with about 4 ft of it in a curve. All you really want to do is take off the saw marks. Any chance of making kind of a guide surface out of a semi-flexible material such as hard board? I'm thinking about a 1/2" wide strip of 1/8" hardboard fixed on edge along the cutline. If you can rig that then you could do it on the table using a bearing guided flush trim bit. Just a thought

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks John, I think that might work. I'll give it a try. My problem now is transfering the step contour, which is an approx. 6' rad. to a piece of 1/8' thick material that i can use as a templete. Thanks again, mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.