Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
I would guess they are off shore made. They are selling them at 1/2 price what they sell for here:

larin vises at SHOP.COM with a 1 year warranty for what that maybe worth.

Seems Larin makes machinist vices but they are substantially cheaper than USA made.

I have noticed that some of the cast iron clamps made off shore have reduced the thicknesses of the castings, but for home use they might work.
Herb

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
If you can, take a short piece of pipe with you when you buy them. I've got some that are around 30 years old that I think I got from Sears and they work great. I bought some more later, probably Chinese, and I have a hell of a time sliding them up and down the pipe. Sometimes I have to hammer them to move them. It might be due to a metric to Imperial conversion mismatch. Make sure they work smoothly or you'll be ticked off every time you go to use them.

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
If they're even the "same" quality as Harbor Freight's you'll use them for a lot of things.

Can never have too many clamps of any kind!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.