Router Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I received a late Christmas present from my wife :) It was on back order since then. I put it on my list since BJ has several of the Oak tool chests from Harbor Freight and they looked great. This one is made of ash and also comes from Harbor Freight. It's one of those little gems from HF. I don't know how they do it really.. 49.99 plus 8.00 shipping. Regular price is $59.99 however. I decided this will be my woodcarving chest.. perfect size for those tools and room for expansion :) I am really delighted with it. Here are a few pics.

Corey

Attachments

·
Registered
23,784 Posts
Hi Corey

That's a great looking tool chest :) and I'm sure you will have it for a long time..
The
GEAR CLOCK
is next on my list :)

I'm a clock nut but this one is going in a wooden case/cabinet :)
But I'm thinking about taking it down to parts and making one out of wood with the CarveWright Woodworking System ...
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=94238

Here's a link for anyone one that's wants to look at the web page..▼

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Category.taf?f=bylogo&logourl=Windsor%2Egif&brand=Windsor%20Design

http://www.routerforums.com/tools-woodworking/6166-hard-find.html

Just a note about the price,,I know many of us have gone down to buy hardware, and the guy behind the counter eyes light up when we put the hardware on the counter ,,we would need for this type of tool box, the ring up would take 5 mins. or so for this tool box and as close as I can come up with it would be about 25.oo bucks just for the hardware if not more, not to say anything about the 1/4" and 3/8" thick hardwood...

=============
challagan said:
Today I received a late Christmas present from my wife :) It was on back order since then. I put it on my list since BJ has several of the Oak tool chests from Harbor Freight and they looked great. This one is made of ash and also comes from Harbor Freight. It's one of those little gems from HF. I don't know how they do it really.. 49.99 plus 8.00 shipping. Regular price is $59.99 however. I decided this will be my woodcarving chest.. perfect size for those tools and room for expansion :) I am really delighted with it. Here are a few pics.

Corey

Attachments

·
Registered
23,784 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AxlMyk said:
For that money it's hard to beat. I still would like to build one. Shopnotes has one in Vol. 9 issue 49 that's a beauty.
Me too Mike after seeing how it is assembled etc. It isn't that hard. Someday when I need a bigger one I would like to make one.

corey

·
Registered
23,784 Posts

·
Registered
23,784 Posts
Hi Dave

Plastic,Japan chrome plated face plate ring :)

======

Dr.Zook said:
Bj. Are the gears in that clock aluminun or pot metal? They look good in the photo what ever they are.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.