Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a toy/blanket chest for Shirley's first great grandchild. The plans are from Wood magazine. It is made of red oak. Stained with Minwax "Golden Oak" and painted with two coats of clear, semi-gloss Spar Urethane. The hinges are really neat. (They should be. They cost almost $40 a pair) They are called "torsion hinges" from Rockler and they will not allow the lid to slam shut on little fingers (or big ones either). The tray is removable or just slides from one side to the other. I scrolled the name and used screws to mount it on the front.

Wood Furniture Chest Wood stain Box

Furniture Wood Table Wood stain Hardwood

Room Furniture Interior design Home House

Furniture Wood Hardwood Room Chest

·
Official Greeter
19,730 Posts
Very nice, George.

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,065 Posts
I've said it so many times before George, you're very quiet for ages, then wham, you display a beautifully made project and this one is no exception. In the past I've copied a number of your projects and as soon as I hear the faintest murmur of the word "great grandchild" I'll be consulting you regarding this one.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just edited the original post to correct an error as to where I got the plans. In case anyone is interested, they are from Wood Magazine Issue 202 Dec/Jan 2010/2011 pages 34-39.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.