Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching for the router plate that would mount to the y axis rails for the 900 series. I cannot find replacement parts for any legacy ornamental mills. Thank you Don.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Welcome to the forum Please fill out your profile and add your name. We are a friendly bunch here. I sure someone on the forum might be able to help you.

·
Marine Engineer
4,774 Posts
I am searching for the router plate that would mount to the y axis rails for the 900 series. I cannot find replacement parts for any legacy ornamental mills. Thank you Don.
Don, I am not home, so I can't look at my 1200, but I think the plate is just a piece of sheet aluminum or steel. Hopefully you have the carriage pieces that support the baseplate and engage the lead screw

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your reply, I do have the lead screw and handle. I'm missing 1 holder for the lead screw that I think I can fabricate and im going to try and fabricate the base plate out of some 3/4" phenolic material i picked up at woodcraft.i still need the plastic drive screw that moves along the threaded rod. If I could find someone that was selling parts I'd be ecstatic!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, the tap you posted 5/8 x 4 is the correct tap needed for the mill rod? Im in uncharted water when it comes to machining. I need to research where I can find Dublin. I will keep you updated on my success. Thanks again.

·
Marine Engineer
4,774 Posts
Thank you, the tap you posted 5/8 x 4 is the correct tap needed for the mill rod? Im in uncharted water when it comes to machining. I need to research where I can find Dublin. I will keep you updated on my success. Thanks again.
The tap is something that was recommended ok a legacy mill user group, I haven't tested it yet. I won't be near my machine until mid November, otherwise I would run out and measure it.

Delrin can be found at places like McMaster.com, other guys sell their off cuts on eBay. You might be able to experiment with polyethylene, but it may not be as hard of a plastic. Hardwood might work also, but it will wear over time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts