Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ryobi RE180PL1 router. The only guide bushing holder that I can find that is made for the Ryobi is the Leigh 706R. Will this holder work with std. Porter-Cable bushings? I would like to purchase a Porter-Cable 4212 dovetail jig, but need to have a way of mounting the bushings.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,941 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Richard

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Welcome Richard. From the look of the Leigh web site, it should work. You may also want to take a look at the Milescraft TurnLock base. It's a "universal fit" with holes for many routers. I run it on a few of mine, use the same base for a PC 690 and a Bosch Colt (so if you acquire another router you can still use the base). The turn-lock bushings are functional within their limit, and includes a PC standard adapter.

The product page is here:
1201 - TurnLock™ BasePlate/Bushing Set - Milescraft

Fitment page is here:
http://www.milescraft.com/assets/resources/turnlock-baseplate-mounting-kit.pdf

You'll notice that the RE180PL requires "special screws" which are provided by Milescraft for free by simply calling them.

I've got a 4216 (all 3 templates), and it's a good system. Took making a few boxes to learn it, but it's not bad to get the hang of it. The first few were with pine scraps since I thought I'd ruin them--they came out great and I never looked back. I added an Incra positioner to my router table last year and haven't used the PC since--so I should sell it. Flip side, for dovetails I'm probably as quick and good using the PC system as I am with the Incra. Not the Incra's fault, I just haven't done as much dovetails with it to "get in the groove".

Good luck!!

earl

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,368 Posts
Welcome to the forum Richard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts