Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

My friends and loved ones refer to me affectionately as Old One Eye. An appropriate "Nomb de Plumb" since I am getting on in years and my depth perception is extremely limited.

I am an enthusiastic woodworker at the strictly amateur level. I have made functional, if not museum quality, furniture over the years.

Recently I became a grandfather. I am trying to make some wood toys for the little rug rat. I am having a great deal of difficulty fabricating SMALL items, so my motivation is to learn some techniques for safely handling and making stuff in the 1 inch to 10 inch range. This scale is something new for me.

Hello again.

Old1eye

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Welcome, old1eye! Glad you joined us and congrats on your Grand-rug-rat. :D
As a suggestion, sometimes I use wooden screw clamps to hold smaller objects while routing on the table.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Hi old1eye, and welcome to the forums.

I as well made toys several years back for my children. They are still hanging around. It was a fun project and one that was done from the heart.

The biggest problem was holding the small parts. I did things like leaving a small extension of scrap on the piece I was working on. I found small clamps helped in some cases, and so I would divise a jig of one sort or another to help.

I am sure if you have a tricky piece to be handled and you post a thread, someone on the forum will be able to give you an answer or opinion.

Glad to have you on board. Congratulation on the new addition, :) :)
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.