Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I continue to get friendly e-mails from Routerforums, and with good intent, always tell myself I'm going to respond and contribute. Seems I never follow through. Now I see this place has been here a year, and darn it all, I'm gonna stick my head in and say HI. Although I'm just a hobbyist woodworker, I'm one of the lucky ones that gets to play in my shop nearly every day.

That said, I don't think a day or a project goes by that I don't use my router. To be honest, I'm not sure I've ever done a project I haven't used my router on. Well OK, I've never used it on a turning project, but I know it can be done. Imagine that, something new to experience one of these days.

Thanks to Mark and Rick (and everyone behind the scenes here) for keeping this site going. You all had to know that one of these days I'd get off my duff and become a participating member. Now I've just got to resolve to get back here as often as possible and show my appreciation.

I hope you'll stop by my website and give my work a look. Criticism accepted. Questions gladly answered. Hope some of you will hound me here. :D

http://outdoorenvironmentsltd.com/gary/

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Hi Gary,

Had a nice visit at your site. You have a nice collection of pictures of some wonderful projects!

Glad you decided to give posting a try. It's great to have more people talking with us about woodworking and routing. I'm sure you could share some good information on those projects and I'm looking forward to reading more from you.

Ed

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
:cool: Gary welcome back to the Routerforums. I went to your site you do have a really nice collection. Really enjoyed you purpleheart 9" table. Really nice work on your inlays must have some real patients for that work.

·
The Router Guys
768 Posts
Nice projects garyb, thanks for sharing.

Your right about the router it is a very important tool that is needed on every project. With more experiences on the many uses comes new ideas on what the router actually can do...thanks for coming and I look forward to seeing more of your posts. Rick

·
Registered
382 Posts
Welcome Gary!
Don't be shy, let us know what you are working on. I am in the shop most days, too. It's nice to have the router waiting there until you need it. Sometimes it's just for a quick edge on something, sometimes a groove, but I find it great to be able to walk over to it and rout away at any time.
I'll go and check out your website.
~Julie~

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:sold: Happy almost weekend to everybody. Just had a fundraiser at work, where most of my wood donations got top dollars. Always wonder how people view your work when they hear you're a hobbyist. Then when you take things in to help raise money for charity and see everybody wants your work, it makes you feel pretty good. In the next few days, probably over the weekend, I'll see if I can't get some new pictures up here. Rest assured that everything I did had some router work on it. I just can't imagine life without a router. :)

Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts