Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: This should to be moved to CNC Router. My Mistake.
Forgive my being a noob here. I hate being one but here I is.
I'm using Sainsmart Prover with Y extension, Vcarve Desktop Paid version and GSender.

Project is saved and gcode for the one cut saved. Homing completed ok.
I cannot for the life of me get my limit switche(s) to work properly.

A simple Y=1.5" x X=6" (approximate dimensions) wood block using a 1/8" end mill to make a cut along the x axis and z zero on wood. X/Y zero on front left corner of wood.
When starting the job, Z axis just moves to the Z+ limit switch and stops.

I have no clue what it is doing and would appreciate your help.
I'm a noob and I can only imagine I've done something stupid so don't be afraid to say so.
Thanks, the noob

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I don't have a CNC router, but I have designed many manufacturing machines using similar positioning systems. If you assembled this system yourself, you may have the limit switches at the wrong ends of travel. This is a common mistake that rears it's ugly head at debug time. The best and quickest fix is to temporarily swap the wiring from one switch to the other. If it works, then fix the wiring the correct way and enjoy your new CNC.

The switch should be able to stop the motor travel from going in that direction, but the motor power should allow backing away from the switch. They should all work this way.

Charley

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a CNC router, but I have designed many manufacturing machines using similar positioning systems. If you assembled this system yourself, you may have the limit switches at the wrong ends of travel. This is a common mistake that rears it's ugly head at debug time. The best and quickest fix is to temporarily swap the wiring from one switch to the other. If it works, then fix the wiring the correct way and enjoy your new CNC.

The switch should be able to stop the motor travel from going in that direction, but the motor power should allow backing away from the switch. They should all work this way.

Charley
Doing the same thing.
I made a Z axis travel change and that fixed it. But it doesn't start on the actual wood. Almost like an offset but I'm not using them.Also it want to ramp in but I didn't set that.

The original controller failed and I'm using a new one. Only difference is I had to invert Y xais??
I'll try a few more changes to see what they do.

Thank you for your help.

·
Official Greeter
20,101 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The admin might move this post to the CNC section of the forum?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts