Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on the screen there is a check box on the left side of the screen to "Turn on Shop Vac", and in lighter text "Flood".

Since I am using a router, there is no "Flood" for coolant. So what does the check box do? Does it start/stop a shop vac? If so, ???

I don't see an available power outlet on the back of the unity controller.

Just something to think about.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
There is an AUX terminal on the back of the unity controller which can be used with a relay box to turn on any 110v accessory you might want to use with your CNC.

One example of a relay box: https://dlidirect.com/products/iot-power-relay

Low DC voltage from the controller triggers the relay AC outlets to turn ON or optionally OFF.

The older controllers had two AC jacks on the back, and you could run a 110v AC shop vac directly from the controller. It potentially caused too much drain and blew fuses in the controller if the shop vac drew too much power.

4D

·
Registered
229 Posts
I bought my Meteor with the dust collection system and yes, it uses the 'Flood' circuit to turn it off and on. They provided an external 120 vac relay to power it and the low voltage signal for Flood to energize the relay.

BTW, the vendor at the User Conference who sells a laser adapter for CNCs told me they use the Flood feature to turn the laser on and off while engraving.

Jay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts