Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andy Seliverstoff is a 58-year-old professional photographer from St. Petersburg, Russia.

A few years ago some of Seliverstoff’s friends asked him to take photos of their daughter Alice in a park. They had their gigantic Great Dane, Sean, with them, so they decided to incorporate him into the photos. After seeing the results, he knew he was on to something special.

Seliverstoff did another shoot with a child featuring big dogs, and told BuzzFeed News that he was “deeply touched” by the work. That was four years ago and he’s been a dog photographer ever since. The project has become his passion, which he chronicles in a book called “ Little Kids and Their Big Dogs.“

All of the photos are taken in St. Petersburg. Its extensive parks and colder climate help create some spectacular shots.

He also tries to ensure that the photos are taken where the dogs commonly walk and play with children in familiar surroundings so they are as natural as possible.

Seliverstoff says that most of the subjects in his photos are either children or grandchildren of people in his friend circle. He said that it’s rare that people acquire big dogs while they have young kids, so most of these dogs were with the families before they had the children.

The photos depict the interactions between cute kids and these very gentle giants.

Seliverstoff said the goal of the series wasn’t just to create beautiful pictures, but to capture the interaction between the children and the animals.

The overall message he’s trying to get across, he said, is simple: “Love for dogs and children makes people kinder.”

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Thanks for that Marty, one of these days you must teach me how to post that kind of email, the only way that I know is to transfer each shot separately to WORD then save it as a pdf, a long winded process.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,317 Posts
Brilliant.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Wonderful. Great for dog lovers.

·
Premium Member
19,226 Posts
Dang, those are wonderful. I love how the kids personalities come out when they're interacting with the dogs.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
That was nice. Amazing how protective dogs can be when children are involved. We had a Lab mix when our kids were young... I couldn't even wrestle with the kids when she was around.

Reactions: jj777746

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,782 Posts
Dang, those are wonderful. I love how the kids personalities come out when they're interacting with the dogs.
I think it goes both ways! I have seen the true personality of dogs come out when they are with their 'kids'.

One of my favorite pics from long ago... They had a great time trick or treating that night!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts