Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the cncshark machine. I have been a woodworker as long as I can remember. Spent the last few years working in visual basic but unfortunatly not in C++.
Ordered this new machine around Oct 01. Turns out I ordered a cncshark pro. I was told it was in, picked it up and went home to install it. The instructions were not written for someone who should know how to control the router. I used the G-code file and it read the instructions wrong. The router ran from the start position to the center of the board and proceeded to punch a hole down 2 inches. Unfortunatly through the board and through the aluminum table. I got it shut off and went back to read the instructions again. Turns out I was supposed to use the cncshark G-code. Corrected the code and the router went where it was supposed to go. Made several circles and squares and it cut them out perfectly. Hey, this is going to be OK.
Received a call from the store which said I had been given the wrong machine and would I return the one I picked up and get the correct one. OK, I apologized for the hole in the table and packaged and exchanged it. Second run at setting up the machine. Nice and simple. Only this time as I loaded the correct G-code and it gave me a load error. Unhooked all the connections and reconnected them again. Tried the G-code again. Load error again. Called Tim. He suggested I had done something wrong again. Probably but I was quite sure I had done it correctly this time through. After several phone calls and emails. I packaged the controller up and shipped it back to Ohio for repair. We are now nearing the end of December and still the problem is not resolved.
Enough for now. Christmas is coming up shortly. Merry Christmas everyone.

Blaine:

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings Blaine and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us, and remember to have fun, build well and above all be safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Jerry,
Thanks for the reply, I think you are right with wisdom being the sum of knowledge and experience. I guess I expected this machine to run as soon as I plugged it in. Expecially since the plus ran except for my inexperience and lack of knowledge. I haven't gotten anything built yet but I can wait for a while yet.

What are you working on now?

Blaine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts