Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know being locked down for some folks don't sit well. For me it is like locking me in an ice cream store. I probably have enough lumber in my shop to last me 100 years.

This is just some but not all of the boxes and baskets that I have made in the past couple weeks.

The 8-sided boxes as well as the two 8-sided baskets are made of ambrosia maple. The one box is made of birdseye maple with bloodwood top.

Most of these will be given to special kids.

Malcolm / Kentucky USA

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
beautiful...

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Same here. I could probably go a few years wit the wood I've got stockpiled. But I'll add if the price is right or a need "something" I don't have.

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Malcolm, you didn't disappoint us on that bunch. They are beautiful. I like ambrosia anyway it comes,never get tired of it, you did it proud too.
I like the basket design,they will make good table displays. Thanks for showing us.
Herb

·
Registered
964 Posts
Nice work Malcolm, I love your choice of figured woods and the finishes.

Reactions: Stick486

·
Registered
Mike
3,836 Posts
As I've said before the Ambrosia Maple you have in stock is the best I've seen. I know part of how great your projects look is the wood but the craftsmanship is what puts them over the top.

Great projects Malcolm!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Same here. I could probably go a few years wit the wood I've got stockpiled. But I'll add if the price is right or a need "something" I don't have.
I'm in the same boat - went to get some more Oak recently and brought home a big pile of pretty, wide Cedar boards for just another $10! It's a very pleasant addiction...I have no intentions of stopping.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Same here. I could probably go a few years wit the wood I've got stockpiled......
- but, I never seem to have enough, the right size piece, or the species I need at the moment .... <sigh>

- ebill > got the right wood, its just for projects that just haven't come up yet....

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Bill,

That's a sure sign that your wood stash isn't near big enough. Better make immediate plans to buy up every good wood deal that you come across, and build that wood storage shed as soon as possible.

Charley

1 - 20 of 21 Posts