Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a triton tra0001 router. The spindle lock will not engage. When I raise the router all the way up. Everything appears correct but the pin will not slide into position. I can' remove the collet or change bits above the table. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Official Greeter
19,972 Posts
Welcome to the forum, @Lbfaith ,

Is this a new router?

Do you have the switch cover in the right position. It will not lock if it is not correctly switched off.

If you have been using the router up-side down in a table, I would check to see that it has not jammed up with saw dust.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your response.
The router is relatively new 5 months or so. The cover is in its correct position. It actually does raise into position but the pin simply will not engage. It is not full of saw dust. I can engage the locking pin manually when the router is not fully raised.

·
Official Greeter
19,972 Posts
Going from the manual. could you check to see if the depth stop is fully retracted.
Automotive tire Output device Font Terrestrial plant Audio equipment

·
Official Greeter
19,972 Posts
Not sure if you should be able to engage the locking pin manually when the router is not fully raised???

PS. Unable to get into my shed at the moment due to soaking rain, to check with my routers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same problem. I find it necessary to raise the router until the pin starts to engage, then rotate the spindle by hand until the pin engages in the detent, then raise it fully.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts