Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,430 Posts
Cold and raining? Perfect time to complete (start?) the workshop planning process, Rick! :)
Ya I knew that was coming , but I've got several other projects to complete first . I'm thinking if I get to it in August I may make it in time . Would be awesome to work in there during the winter months

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Cold and raining? Perfect time to complete (start?) the workshop planning process, Rick!

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,430 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, Rick works full time. It's not like he's not getting anything done around there. It's just the lack of planning that's getting in the way.
And besides, Rick has to schedule in recovery time from the accidents!
I'm here for ya, Rick... ;) (With friends like me, eh?)

·
Premium Member
17,430 Posts
Hey, Rick works full time. It's not like he's not getting anything done around there. It's just the lack of planning that's getting in the way.
Speaking of accidents , my right arm has been falling asleep and I can't figure out why .
It just dawned on me that it's probably nerve damage when I got smoked in the arm recently by that block of wood flying off the tablesaw .
Why does everything that happens to me have to be perminant damage is beyond me lol .
I think I paid a much higher price for that incident then I thought

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Let's not get all crazy here guys , Rome wasn't built in a day :grin:
You're right Rick - but the insulating only took one day.

And don't forget some down time for a couple of beers :laugh2:

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
You're right Rick - but the insulating only took one day.

And don't forget some down time for a couple of beers :laugh2:
then the 4 day hangover...

Reactions: woodknots

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
He who fails to plan plans to fail. I used to get so aggravated at people who persisted in being NWP. NO WORKABLE PLAN. Drove me up the wall.

·
Premium Member
19,240 Posts
Hey Rick, numbness in the arm can also be a sign of a heart condition. If you check it now and its something, you will recover fast. If it is and you ignore it, you may really be laid low (or laid out). Don't assume that you did some nerve damage without having it checked out.

Maybe we should have something like a barn raising. A bunch of guys and gals on the Forum could show up and do the garage. We know you have the beer for after the job gets done. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Speaking of accidents , my right arm has been falling asleep and I can't figure out why .
It just dawned on me that it's probably nerve damage when I got smoked in the arm recently by that block of wood flying off the tablesaw .
Why does everything that happens to me have to be perminant damage is beyond me lol .
I think I paid a much higher price for that incident then I thought
Exercises for Right Arm Numbness:
1. Bend arm at elbow and place on table with the knife edge and forearm down
2. Cup hand with fingers and thumb almost touching
3. Raise to mouth and lower to table at a regular rate and comfortable speed (depends on degree of numbness)

Additional Notes:
1. Exercise is most effective if holding a small weighted cylindrical object weighing approximately 12 ounces.
2. Speed of recovery is dependent on number of repetitions
3. The effectiveness of this exercise is highly dependent on reducing the amount of weight with each repetition by approximately 2 ounces for each repetition.
4. 12 ounce weight must be cold, preferably with frost on the exterior surface touching the palm of hand.

Side Effects:
1. May lose count of repetitions
2. 12 ounce weight may need to be replenished often
3. Face and teeth may get numb as arm numbness decreases. This is a temporary condition.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Rick, I drove through your fair town last weekend on the way up to Spillimacheen. I should have made arrangements in advance to explain to you just how this insulation thing works!.

It's not quite as simple as the 12 ounce exercise, and it doesn't have quite the same side effects. But the benefits are much longer lasting.

If you don't already use it, try Roxul instead of fibreglass. Does a superior job.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts