Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of Short Shank Guide Bushing kit that is offered for sale?

Rockler and PowerTec each sell a short shank 5/8" OD bushing but they're single items and I don't see a short shank kit on their sites.

My preference would be to buy a kit with short shanks rather than buying a regular kit and grinding them down.

Thanks!

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Perfect. Thank you! The PowerTec above states in the description:
  • All guide bushings included in the set have a short shank and will work with 录鈥 templates.
Also, I found the DCT on Amazon and it says:
  • Fits 1/4-inch and thinner template material
Both will work as I need them to. I've got ~1/2" MDF templates and my Rockler set has shafts up to 1/2" which is too close for comfort.

Thanks again!

Official Greeter
They look very much like a copy of the Oak Park set. I believe they had a 1/4" shank???

Banned
Woodcraft also offers a brass guide bushing set with 1/4" collar height. The larger diameter Oak Park and Leigh Valley style bushings also use 1/4" collar height.

For members outside the USA Masonite is a brand name for tempered high density fiberboard or HDF.

Registered
I also own the Wood Craft set:
This set is brass so if you drop them, it may get destroyed. Don't ask how I know that. Fortunately, Wood Craft sold individual bushings so I could replace them. Some companies only sell the sets.

I have also shortened the aluminum PC guide bushings but I personally did not like the results. Consequently, I then bought the WoodRiver set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.