Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Craftsman Professional 2.25 hp and I need and have been looking for a D-Handle base for it. I’ve looked on Ebay, Amazon and googled it and haven’t had any luck. If anybody has one they would be willing to sell I would like to talk further with you.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Zorro (?) and welcome. I can only wish you luck. Any Craftsman parts and accessories are hard to come by.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Hey, Ed; welcome!
If it's just a baseplate and D handle for control can you fabricate one? You didn't include a Model# so I'm not sure how complex the base actually is.
What's on there now?

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Didn't Porter Cable make a model like that? Or maybe it was B & D. In which case a base with their name on it might interchange.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
PorterCable sells a D-Handle Router https://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-6911-D-Handle-Base/dp/B0000222VH/ref=asc_df_B0000222VH/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198090983914&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9047559122407966047&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007848&hvtargid=pla-384218501511&psc=1 and also sells the base separately - and I think that I've seen models by Dewalt and Makita too. However, when you buy the complete unit, the motor comes with a short power cord just long enough to plug into the top of the D-handle. If you use a "standard" router, the regular cord needs to be coiled and tied off so that it doesn't get in the way. The D-handle is my favorite router, especially when fitted with one of Pat Warner's offset bases - surprisingly, Pat strongly recommended against the use of the offset base with that router, and was surprised to hear that I'd been using that combination for years with no problems.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.