Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my first post. Today I bought a Craftsman 320.17543 2 HP fixed base router from an estate for $40. It came router only, no case, no plunge base. I have the red legged, Craftsman Routing Table ( mdf top) and I intend to use this as the undermount. It came with the 1/2 inch collet. It's a nice router for my application because it adjusts height simply, can do so from above the table with the correct hex router wrench, is illuminated with three L.E.D.s and is one of several explicitly listed for this table.

It came with the 1/2 inch collet, and I have about 55 1/4 inch bits I purchased from another estate of a woodworker. Nice mid quality bits from Sears, Rockwell, etc. I want to use.

I am looking for advice for the following:

1. I need a 1/4 inch collet that fits properly.

2. I would like to find the hex wrench for above the table adjustments

3. I would like to purchase the correct screws for mounting it to my table.

4. I would like to purchase collars for dovetailing. I intend to setup my Bosch 1601 as a dedicated router for dovetailing.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found the # 3 mounting screws and the #2 wrench, and # 4 collars for the Bosch. Now I am down to needing #1 the 1/4 inch collet.

Dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Decided to get one off ebay for $25. The reducers all seem to have issues falling into the collet and needing to be disassembled. Since this is going under a table I want it to be simpler. Thanks for all the advice!

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts