Router Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a Elec.,Hot Glue Pot, USED is find, The one I had bit the dust.
----------
Add on NOTE*** As anyone used a old type elec. coffee pot with some water in the pot with a glass jar (can·ning jar with a wire snap down lid) for the glue ,if so did it work ?, glue needs to be 140deg. to 160deg. to melt the glue beads.

Bj :)

Please P.M. with price and details and zip code.
Thanks
http://www.routerforums.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=6787

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Just a update

I didn't want to pay a 100 bucks for a new one ( Hot Pot ) so I made my own with a old elec.coffee pot ,(garage sale item 5.oo dollars) it's keeps the glue right at 140deg. just right.

Hide glue is one of the best glues you can use for cabinets, etc. no clamps needed the norm, it's been used for a long time but it should not be used for out door projects :)
If you make error you can break the joint with some denatured alcohol (with a syringe) ,unlike the white/yellow/grizzly glue ups,just put some alcohol in the joint and wait 5 mins. and then take the joint down, scrape the joint (clean) then just reglue when your done and it's like a new glue up.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks George
Cheap SOB I am :) I do like to recycle if I can and the old coffee pot has seen better days but now it has a new job, keep my glue hot ! :) :)

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Corey

I was going to cut off the handle but then I said I need something to hang the brush from and I said OK why not :) :)

By the way how was Texas ? ? hot :) or wet :) or dusty ?

One more by the way, GUESS what I got today via UPS (80 lbs.)

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Will do George, I'm like a kid at Xmax can wait to play with it on Fri. with luck I will not brake a bit right off, I did send off for a extra ones but don't like breaking bits. ;)

Looks like a fun toy :) :) :)

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Corey

I saw the weather report and you flash in my mine, Texas rains can be nasty.

challagan said:
Texas was great actually until the storms arrived. Then it was windy and rainy and it followed me home! Sweet on the Carvewright Bob, Congrats buddy!

Corey

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
I was lucky, my flight was going to be one of the last out before the storm hit. They were trying like hell to get us out of the gate and out of there. The 6:00 flight was canceled and half the flights to the east and north of Texas were being canceled. The other night there were some real nasty storms so button down the hatches.... that time of year!

Corey

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Just a snapshop of a practice MDF board :)
The 3rd and 4th snapshots are the type that can be cut out/snapped out of the stock and glued on to stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Well)

Just a update

I didn't want to pay a 100 bucks for a new one ( Hot Pot ) so I made my own with a old elec.coffee pot ,(garage sale item 5.oo dollars) it's keeps the glue right at 140deg. just right.

Hide glue is one of the best glues you can use for cabinets, etc. no clamps needed the norm, it's been used for a long time but it should not be used for out door projects :)
If you make error you can break the joint with some denatured alcohol (with a syringe) ,unlike the white/yellow/grizzly glue ups,just put some alcohol in the joint and wait 5 mins. and then take the joint down, scrape the joint (clean) then just reglue when your done and it's like a new glue up.

Bob, you have thought of everything :big_boss: :thank_you2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.