Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have the craftsman table-mounted router model 315.175040, picture attached. I was using the router when it shutoff and will not restart - no sound of any kind. My first thought was that I overwhelmed the router by trying to take off too much wood in one pass which caused it to "trip its internal breaker." I could not find a Reset button. Do these routers have reset buttons? Or does anyone have any ideas what could of happened and how my router can be repaired. Any help is appreciated and thank you for your time.

Attachments

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
Check to see if it is still plugged in.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Hello. I have the craftsman table-mounted router model 315.175040, picture attached. I was using the router when it shutoff and will not restart - no sound of any kind. My first thought was that I overwhelmed the router by trying to take off too much wood in one pass which caused it to "trip its internal breaker." I could not find a Reset button. Do these routers have reset buttons? Or does anyone have any ideas what could of happened and how my router can be repaired. Any help is appreciated and thank you for your time.
What were you doing at the time the router shut down? Was it under a heavy load? The owners manual is likely the best place to see what/where any safety devices would be located. Do you have the manual? Was it plugged directly into the wall or thorugh a switch which may overload protection?

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
998895-001 is the part# for the switch however it looks like no parts are available for your router. The Owners Manual for the router is here. I don't see a reset button. Page 17 of the owners manual shows the gut of the switch. It may be worth opening it up and see if everything looks connected and not melted. Other than that check the brushes? That's all I got. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Welcome to the forum if there is no reset button then it may have an internal thermal fuse that is blown. That is not an easy fix normally but check the easy stuff first like a stuck brush or a bad switch. Try plugging it into a different outlet.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Hopefully it didn't do what mine did 30+ years ago. I had it in a table and it locked up. Come to find out the router was never intended to run upside down and after awhile it heated up and the shaft locked up. Ruining the router.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.