Router Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a new woodworker also new to routing. I am looking for patterns for an easy to make pet feeder that hold 2 stainless steel dishes. Any ideas would be appreciated!

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Hello N/A, welcome to the forums...
We're happy you found us...

About that newness of yours... We are all over that, we can help, we really can, w/ have some ''light reading'' for you...
We've gathered together a bunch of pertinent/relative information on routering in this here link ... You should find everything (at least most) quite useful, a lot of help and get you off to a running start in the world of routers... Enjoy...

Do take some time to read the safety PDF's... PLEASE!!!
Blood and trips to the ER, we find, are very annoying... Not to mention – expensive...

We do welcome all questions here on about any subject you can come up w/ also....
Not only that, we excel and are well versed at spending your money...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Administrator
David
3,976 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Add your first name to your profile to clear the N/a in the side panel and so we'll know what to call you. Add your location to your profile, as well.

We do like photos so show us your shop, tools, projects, etc. whenever you're ready. I have one of those on my list of things to build for a friend but it will be a six-station feeder. That project is long overdue so I need to get back on it for her!

Here are my preliminary sketches -
Diagram Line Font Rectangle 3d modeling

Text Diagram Line Rectangle Parallel

David

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Add your first name to your profile to clear the N/a in the side panel and so we'll know what to call you. Add your location to your profile, as well.

We do like photos so show us your shop, tools, projects, etc. whenever you're ready. I have one of those on my list of things to build for a friend but it will be a six-station feeder. That project is long overdue so I need to get back on it for her!

Here are my preliminary sketches -
View attachment 392619

View attachment 392621

David

What kind of a feeder is that David? I am having trouble wrapping my mind around your drawing.
Herb

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Hi,Heidi; welcome!
Before you get too complex with the plan, remember that it's going to get fairly grotty on a regular basis. Dogs especially aren't known for their table manners... ;)
Personally we used to have our dog bowls and water dishes on rubber mats to prevent them from sliding around.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Hi,Heidi; welcome!
Before you get too complex with the plan, remember that it's going to get fairly grotty on a regular basis. Dogs especially aren't known for their table manners... ;)
Personally we used to have our dog bowls and water dishes on rubber mats to prevent them from sliding around.
You got me again,Dan, Had to look up Gotty! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa
HErb

·
Administrator
David
3,976 Posts
What kind of a feeder is that David? I am having trouble wrapping my mind around your drawing.
Herb
Bowls go into the horizontal holes and bottles go through the vertical holes. The puppies will stay on the floor to eat from the bowls and walk up the ramps to drink from the bottles.

Kind of like this one for the bottles but adds the bowls on the other side -
Flooring

David

·
Registered
Mike
3,836 Posts
Welcome to the Router Forums.

Looks like Stick already found plenty of ideas for you. One thing to remember don't use pressure-treated lumber for this, you don't want to accidentally poison the animals.

David, we raised Yorkies for several years and never saw anything like this to bottle feed the puppies but I did raise a few calves and feed then from nipples, from a hose in a barrel, mounted on the wall of a shed. The Yorkies were a lot more fun and made more money.

·
Premium Member
20,438 Posts
That feeder would be perfect for a breeder. Very original. I tried a plank to hold bowls, but it was too messy, so I just put some flat bottomed bowls on a water proof mat.

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,945 Posts
This one is as easy as it gets. Routed two circles in mdf, used that to make a second piece. Used a forstner bit the same diameter as dowel rod in one of them. Glued the 2 together, wrapped in scrap formica (paint works too). Glued in the legs. Been in use 15 years or so

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts