Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the committee of our local MenzShed.

We were recently given a Sears Craftsman Band-saw which was due to be dumped because of missing parts and the fact that it was 110v (NZ is 230V).

I have volunteered to try and get it working.

Swapping out the 110v motor for 230v is no problem and I can rewire a NZ/Aus spec power plug.

My problem is that the 4 blade guides have gone AWOL and Mr Google tells me they are No Longer Available from the company website or those parts suppliers I have located.

Can anyone:

1. Point me to a site that might have these obsolete parts

or

2. Supply one or more Blade guides from a scrap saw

or

3. Provide a drawing complete with dimensions so that I can make them. I have a Shapeoko3 CNC machine able to machine aluminium so it would be a nice project to try.

If all else fails I'll have to design something with maybe roller bearings to do the job.

Photos attached

Attachments

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
I have 5 old Craftsman routers, all work fine. For now. But if/when one dies I will either trash it, or keep it for parts. I won't buy a new one until all are dead.

If you have not yet tried ebay, I would say that is likely your best bet. However, if you can make parts, I would say try to find an owner's manual on line, should have a parts diagram, and may be sufficient to make parts. And it is always possible that later parts will fit. Best I can come up with. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
You might be able to find some after market guides that would probably work better than the originals, espicily since they are lost.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
It looks like you've got your work cut out for you. I can't offer anything but best wishes, Alan. Someone will offer good ideas very soon. That's what this forum is noted for.

·
Registered
808 Posts
You will need the craftsman model/serial #. There are manuals online, and would be helpful in finding any new or used parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts