Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been researching and looking at various options and I felt this time around I’m in the market to purchase one vs building one. I work 16 hour days most days, 1-2 days off, 1 or 2 days for my hobbies a week which again I spend 14-20 hours a day on those. The table I built was good enough at the time but setup times and accuracy needs a much needed improvement. Two primary candidates were really Incra or Woodpeckers. I looked at rockler and Jessem, but I really like the Woodpeckers lift. For my needs I really have been looking at the Woodpeckers package #1 the most, I don’t think I need the super LS, but the works combo package price is close to Woodpeckers. Typically what I do is either make laminar flowhoods, air brush hobby spray booths w/ or w/out work desk and basic cabinet/drawers, custom shelving for said booths with wood/3D printed accessories, and way out of left field shoe display cases. I started off customizing shoes, then refurbishing/restorations, then I got into the woodwork and was asked to start building spray booths. Then when I started doing proper air flow hobby booths I was asked if I could do laminar flow hoods lol. Needless, one thing turned into another and I just keep learning and I just love building new things. I just really don’t have the time to make a really accurate router table. Just about every tool I use for woodworking I built and they work really well for what I need, but I really think it’s time for the router table upgrade. Sorry long story short does anyone have a Woodpeckers table and how do you like it? Do you wish you got anything different? Could I go wrong (what I would call basic useage)? I’m going to go CNC after this so was trying to get this done first lol. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I spent a lot of time talking with Woodpeckers and Incra after very thorough and lengthy conversations I think the Incra LS Super 25” works package is what’s going to be best for me. Looking for repeatability, complex cuts, and ease of doing so with my experience. I like the easier measurements, faster setup time. With my limited time it seems like it will be so much easier on me. Definitely spending a bit more than I originally anticipated but feel like it’s a worthy investment for me. Bigger table than I wanted but I’ll make it work. Now I’m completely stuck on what router motor to use lol. I can get my hands on a PC 7518 at a reasonable cost, have a gift card for Home Depot for the Milwaukee 5625-20, or going with the SpinRite/Bora 3.25hp motor. I know they’re all the do the job, more capable than I need, but I’m already spending $1500, what’s a few hundred more honestly? I like the Milwaukee for the 5 year warranty, the SpinRite for the ER20, buying high precision collets, and well the PC seemed like it was the staple for everyone. Plus can do an ER collet adapter for the PC it seems. Don’t think I’ll notice any difference with the runout of 0.001 vs what I was reading for Milwaukee, but again the moneys being spent, may as well get the best I can. The only rough part is going to be the wait, 6-8 month, but yet again… if I’m spending the money I rather setup some jigs for the time being and get what I really want lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts