6,855 Posts

·
Registered
11,698 Posts
Played for me, James.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Be my luck that I would get going real fast and the blasted thing would crap out! Anyone remember the jet pack in the James Bond movie? Everyone predicted that they would sell like hotcakes. I'll stick with the hotcakes with syrup, whipped cream, and sliced bananas.

·
Registered
17,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm surprised they didn't show Ironman flying it. That is something I would not believe, unless I saw it in person. For one thing, where is the fuel supply?

The jetpack actually flies. But the last I read it would only carry about 20 second of fuel supply. JetPack Aviation | Leaders in Personal VTOL Flight

I'll stick to ground transportation. Something realistic, like this.
https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/Ee9DP3M5Vtg

The fuels on his back. I thought it was a parachute, but it’s a fuel cell. I think he gets 10 minutes in the air .

·
Registered
18,989 Posts
Would be more believable if the engines were nearer chest high. Remember the guy with the wing backpack and twin model plane jet engines? That actually works and has a fair fuel capacity. It lands by cutting the engines and pulling a rip cord to deploy his parachute.

If this guy flips his ride, it drives him into the ground...too low for a parachute. Fun ride or suicide mission?

·
Registered
17,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m sure that’s everyones thought Tom. I can’t believe he stays upright . I seen another video of it and underneath it there is actually thrust vectoring. Pretty cool invention if you ask me.
Nothing Otis couldn’t design though

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Very clever but I doubt that it's genuine.

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
Theo. Looks like the basis for a new block buster series, "The Slow and the Frustrated".
Hey, it's steam powered, how could you get frustrated by that?

But if you've just 'gotta' fly, this should do the trick.

Hmm, I just tested the link, and it worked fine. But didn't here. But just click youtube down in the lower right corner and it should work.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hey, it's steam powered, how could you get frustrated by that?

But if you've just 'gotta' fly, this should do the trick.
Pretty neat. I wonder how many miles/ton of coal that thing got.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts